Based in Barcelona, Spain
"Twin Souls: The Path of Shadows" is a 3rd person stealth game in which you play as Aragami, an undead assassin with the power to control the shadows. You have been summoned back from the dead by Yamiko, a noble girl from the sacred citadel of Kyûryu. Make your way to the city with Yamiko by your side as you uncover memories from your past life and the connections with Yamiko's demise. As Aragami, you have the power of 'Shadow Control'. The darkness is your ally and the source of your strength. You have a diverse array of Shadow Powers at your disposal, like the 'Shadow Creation' (the creation of shadows on any surface of the scenario) or the 'Shadow Leap' (a teleportation mechanic between any two shadows). You can also manipulate the shadows to summon shadow creatures, engulf your enemy corpses, create shadow mirages to distract your enemies, solidify shadows into weapons or even invoke a black hole. As you advance you will need to sneak past guards, teleport between shadows, create your own areas of darkness and strategically assassinate your targets. Twin Souls has strong influences from stealth classics like the Tenchu Saga, or more modern stealth gems like Mark of the Ninja and Dishonored. The scenarios are open and filled with hidden paths and ways to reach your objectives. Twin Souls has a punishing difficulty; you are lethal when undetected, but outmatched in melee combat. Getting spotted might mean a fast death so just must carefully plan your approach and escape routes in case something goes wrong.
Twin Souls: The Path of Shadows is the spiritual successor of 'Path of Shadows', a student project we created while attending the Master in Game Creation at Universitat Pompeu Fabra (Barcelona, Spain). Originally a work of portfolio, the game was widely praised in the online gaming press for its unique visual style, atmosphere and innovative game mechanics. Twin Souls: The Path of Shadows expands the gameplay concept of 'Path of Shadows' improving every aspect of the game, introducing new Shadow Powers, improved visuals with the Unity 5 engine, a better AI, huge playgrounds and lethal enemies.
- Old School Stealth - Your enemies are lethal and direct confrontation is not an option. Survey the scenario, plan your approach and sneak around your enemies. Be the hunter, not the hunted.
- Choose Your Play-Style - Each situation has different possible approaches. Will you be the merciless emissary of death? Or maybe an undetectable ghost? Twin Souls won't force you to kill your enemies, nor will it penalize you for doing it. Both approaches to violence are valid.
- Shadow Powers - You have an array of Shadow Powers at your disposal. Create areas of darkness to get tactical advantage, use your Shadow Leap to move instantly between any two shadows, feed the bodies of your enemies to the shadows and leave no trace, summon a Shadow Clone to distract and confuse your enemies.
- Powerful Enemies - Your foes are not helpless, they can manipulate light to create moving light sources, cast light barriers, shoot incendiary arrows, launch barrages of light from their weapons and imbue their armors with resplendent light.
- Replay Value - Replay each scenario to improve your performance score. Depending on your play-style you will get different outcomes, which will affect the world of Twin Souls and the story events.
- An Immersive Story - Not everything in Twin Souls is as simple as it seems. The characters’ past interconnects in different timelines, and every step you take uncovers a bit more about them.
E3 Trailer YouTube
Alpha 0.5.0 Gameplay YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Nominated for Best Design" HoPlay Games Festival, Spain, 2014
- "Indie Prize Showcase" Amsterdam, Netherlands, 2015
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Lince Works allows for the contents of Twin Souls: The Path of Shadows to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Twin Souls: The Path of Shadows is legally & explicitly allowed by Lince Works. This permission can be found in writing at http://twinsoulsgame.com/press/sheet.php?p=twin_souls.
Official Facebook Page. facebook.com.
Official IndieDB Page. indiedb.com.
Let's Play Monetization
Let's Play Monetization Permission. twinsoulsgame.com.
About Lince Works
Game development studio based in Barcelona. Lince Works aims to create high quality games with heart and soul, designed by a team of people who love games and the creation of interactive experiences.
More information on Lince Works, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Twin Souls: The Path of Shadows Credits
Co-Founder - Game Design, Graphics and PR
Co-Founder - Level Design, AI and Scripting
Co-Founder - Character and Animation Systems
Laura G. Sagol